Reasons to have massage therapy;
Please read this and then pick up the phone or go to your e-mail account and book in while it is fresh in your mind, let me help improve your quality of life:
1. Massage makes you feel FANTASTIC! - Okay, that's mostly my own personal view.
2. Find relief from pain: - This can be muscle pain from tiredness, or the pain of some physical conditions like fibromyalgia. Massage has no side effects, yet the hormone release in the body mimics the effects of pain killers. So essentially we're encouraging the body to do naturally, what we inflict on it chemically.
3. You will benefit from a calmer and clearer mind: - Perhaps this is a good strategy to delay the onset of some of the disorders of mind decay.
4. You can expect a faster recovery from illness or injury: - Mainly this is due to an accelerated delivery of oxygen and nutrients to the damaged area.
5. You can expect to receive far fewer injuries and illnesses in the future: - As the physical therapist to a rugby team, I can vouch for this as being 100% true.
6. Massage is no short term temporary fix: - If you can find, and then eliminate, the CAUSE of your pain, your massage can bring long term, even life long, benefits.
7. Improved breathing and oxygenation of your body: - Reducing the stresses around the ribs and intercostal muscles can improve restrictions in the breath which allows you to breathe deeper and fuller thus increasing the oxygen in your blood.
8. Endorphin release: - Yes, those little 'feel good' hormones secreted within the brain and nervous system, producing a number of physiological functions, including pain relief, anxiety/stress reduction, and relaxation. They are peptides that activate the body's opiate receptors, causing an analgesic effect. In other words, they make you feel wonderful (see no.1).
9. Improve circulation throughout the body: - Improving the flow of blood and lymph ensures the body doesn't stagnate through lack of movement. Massage coupled with regular walks, fresh air and exercise, is a recipe for good health. Increased circulation ensures the efficient delivery of blood, oxygen, nutrients and water to every part of the body. Healing is speeded up and so is the removal of toxicity from the body.
10. More energy! - More oxygen = more energy. Without efficient oxygen delivery to the cells, they become tired, sluggish and more easily prone to disease. (which conveniently brings us to no.11)
Life is great, love and light to all.